Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kamal Haasan defends cast of new film 'Viswaroop'


Singapore: South Indian matinee idol Kamal Haasan defended his choice of taking a new face in his ambitious bilingual feature Viswaroop.
“I was not looking for stars per se. I was looking for talent and I found that in them,” he said at a press interaction during the IIFA weekend in Singapore. He headhunted his US-based leading lady Pooja Kumar over Skype.
“When I auditioned, she thought I was making a movie about werewolves or Hannibal,” recalled Haasan.
Currently, he may be content with his discovery, but there was a time when it was rumoured that he had a tough time finalising one. It was rumoured that the role was rejected by A-listers including Sonakshi Sinha and Deepika Padukone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog